La Strada Czech Republic is a non profit organisation.
La Strada aims is to prevent and minimalise the results of trafficking in human beings the commercial exploitation while respecting individual rights of all involved. The La Strada mission is threefold:
- To make the issue of THB visible, to influence authorities, media and public opinion to address this violation of human rights;
- To inform about possible dangers of trafficking and commercial exploitation;
- To provide support and direct assistance to trafficked persons.
To achieve these aims, La Strada has developed a multi-disciplinary approach program, consisting of 3 campaigns:
- Information & Lobby activities aim to put and keep trafficking in persons firmly on the political agenda, to raise public awareness, to stimulate public debate and to monitor the implementation of counter trafficking measures.
- Prevention & Education Campaign aims to empower persons at risk of trafficking and those already affected by trafficking to make independent and informed decisions about their lives. Except direct work with groups at risk, the Campaign targets social environment of risk groups by educating professionals who might come into contact with trafficked persons or groups at risk of trafficking.
- Social Assistance Campaign aims to allow trafficked persons to regain freedom and control over their lives and to reduce the risk of re-trafficking. It also contributes to an effective prosecution of traffickers.